Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Switched at Birth

I'm watching Whose Line and a preview just came up for a movie coming out called, "Switched At Birth." After 16 years, a family is told that they brought home the wrong baby from the hospital. It got me thinking-what would I do in that situation? Besides cry for days? Would I give up my child that I've been raising for 16 years to get my bio child back? Give up a child I love with my whole heart, a child I have a bond with, for a child who might not feel anything for me at all? A child I do love, because it's mine, that I may not ever have that bond with? And what about the guilt I would be feeling? How could I bring a child home and not even know that it wasn't my own? And what about the hospital? Would I sue them for making the mistake between two children? How many times had they messed up before? How many other families were being torn apart/had already been torn apart/would never know that they weren't blood related? My goodness, what in the world??? I don't even know what I would do, how I would go about figuring out what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment